BEST OF UKRAINE
We take you deeper inside Ukraine’s most amazing cities
Kyiv: Filled with theaters, museums, religious sites, modern buildings and ancient ruins, the city of Kiev is the center of Ukrainian culture.
Lviv: The city’s well-preserved historic center is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and has attractions like the Market Square (Ploshcha Rynok). Climb the tower at the town hall for a great city view. The Lviv Opera House is dazzling and hosts world-class performances.
Tour Route: Kiev (2) – Overnight Train (1) – Lviv (2) – Kiev / Departure
Tour Duration: 05 Nights / 06 Days
Day 01: ARRIVE to Kiev
This afternoon, arrive to Kiev, the beautiful capital city of Ukraine. Upon clearing airport formalities, you will be meeting by our representative. After transfer to your hotel, take some rest.
Andrew’s Descent, St. Andrew’s Church.
Monument of Ukraine Independence: Located on Independence Square in the city center.
Sophiivska Square: One of the central and ancient squares.
Golden Gates: One of the few Old Russian defense architecture monuments.
Taras Shevchenko National University: one of the largest Universities in Ukraine and national science and culture centre, one of the oldest universities.
1300 Hrs – 1400 Hrs: Lunch at Indian Restaurant.
Post Lunch, water excursion on the Dnipro River for 04 hrs. Enjoy a picturesque riverside and beautiful landscape of the left and right banks, and Podil ancient temples.
2000 Hrs – 2200 Hrs: Dinner at Indian Restaurant.
Optional: Evening in night clubs (with accompaniment, escort and security).
Day 03: Discover Kiev;
OVERNIGHT Train to Lviv
0800 Hrs – 0930 Hrs: Breakfast at hotel.
1000 Hrs – 1300 Hrs: Visit Kyiv Pechersk Lavra. The oldest and one of the main Orthodox shrines, a unique monastery complex, that have no analogues in the world. It was a first monastery on Kyivan Rus territory, the temples erected in the 11th century saved almost in original form.
1300 Hrs – 1430 Hrs: Lunch at Bombay Palace.
1430 Hrs – 1700 Hrs: Visit World War museum. Memorial Complex “National Museum of the History of Ukraine in the Second World War”. Motherland. “Motherland” Monument-sculpture is standing on a Dnipro high right bank in Kyiv. This is the largest museum, dedicated to the History of Ukraine in the Second World War. The complex occupies more than 10 hectares area. It includes: museum, “Motherland” monument, Collection of different military units.
1900 Hrs – 2100 Hrs: Dinner at Indian Restaurant.
2230 Hrs: After dinner, you will be transferred to Kiev Railway Station to catch your overnight train to Lviv.
Day 04: Day in Lviv
0500 Hrs: Early morning arrive Lviv and transfer to your hotel and rest.
Later this afternoon explore this beautiful city, the cultural capital of Ukraine. Lviv is one of the most European looking cities in Ukraine. This is a city of cozy coffee shops and magnificent churches.
Highlights of days:
St. George Cathedral (St. Yura Cathedral), Lviv High Castle Hill, Lychakiv Cemetery, Polytechnic University, Church of St. Mary Magdalene, Lviv Opera and Ballet Theatre, Patotskih Palace, Market Square, The City hall and much more.
Later in the evening, proceed for evening city tour of Lviv by excursion tram. We invite you to become special passengers of Lviv’s tram, feel the evening atmosphere of the city and discover another unusual Lviv! In addition, you acquaint with Austrian Lviv – territory with the most beautiful villas and monuments of 19th century.
Optional: Live theatre Performance: A chance to see a nice performance in one of the most beautiful opera houses of Europe.
Day 05: Day in Lviv
After breakfast visit the most popular tourist route and walking tour around Lviv.
During this walking tour led by a professional guide, you will discover the Rynok Square, the Opera Theater and the main historical and contemporary sites of old town. You will hear stories and learn secrets that will allow you to better get to know this city. Unlike many cities in Ukraine, Lviv was lucky enough to escape the destruction in the World War Two, and nowadays its fascinating streets and numerous museums make it one of the most exciting places in Ukraine to explore.
Continue discovering the historic center of Lviv, which was included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. You will walk old town’s main avenues, squares, and narrow cobbled streets. Also, learn the stories behind the medieval atmosphere of Lviv, that will hark you back to days when Lviv was a wealthy trading center.
1330 Hrs – 1430 Hrs: Lunch at Indian Restaurant.
After Lunch offer several variants of walking tours in Lviv:
- Chocolate and Coffee Culture Private Walking Tour
- Lviv Craft Beer Tour
- Walking Excursion “Mystery of Lviv undergrounds”
1930 Hrs – 2100 Hrs: Dinner at Indian Restaurant.
Day 06: TRAIN to Kiev; Departure
Upon arrival you will be transferred to Kiev International airport to board your flight back home.
|CITY||5* HOTEL||4* HOTEL||NIGHTS|
|Kyiv||City Holiday Resort & SPA||Royal Olympic / Domus Hotel||2|
|Lviv||Citadel Inn / Nobilis||Premier hotel Dnister / LH Hotel & SPA||2|
JOURNEY TO UKRAINE TOUR INCLUSIONS
- Accommodation on twin share basis
- Daily Breakfast included at hotel
- All sightseeing and entrance fees of boat trip, Kyivo-Pechersk lavra, WWII Museum
- All transportation and transfers
- Train fare for in 2nd air-conditioned for Kyiv- Lviv- Kyiv
- Entrance to the night clubs (depends on the program)
- English-speaking Guide for sightseeing and excursion tours
- Expenses of personal nature like laundry, telephone, fax, internet, beverages, snacks, medical expenses etc.
- Optional activities / experiences attract supplement charge
- Domestic / International air fare
- Any other services not mentioned in Price Inclusions above
- Personal expenditures e.g. meals not stated in the itinerary, drinks, optional excursions or shows, insurance of any kind, tipping, early check in or late checkout and other items not specified on the itinerary are at your own expense.
Country Profile: Ukraine
- Tourism is popular in Ukraine because of the wonderful nature and ancient history of Ukraine. Many guests are attracted by the country’s beautiful nature of Ukraine, Ukrainian delicious cuisine and ancient customs which the locals keep. It is to this, that tourism in Ukraine attracts thousands of tourists from around the world. Many people are interested in tourism in Ukraine as a way to visit their ancestors places of residence, travel to modern and acient towns and villages in Ukraine.
- We strongly encourage all customers to take a copy of their travel insurance documents (especially relevant international contact numbers) with them while on tour. We advise that you check the inclusions and procedures for lodging claims prior to your departure. These documents should be stored separately from the originals.
Eating in Ukraine
- Ukraine’s cuisine is a hearty blend of Russian, European and Caucasian fare, with many a local dish featuring on menus. Eating out is still relatively cheap for foreign visitors, though prices are on the rise. Lviv is the unrivalled foodie capital of Ukraine with the most variety and the most pleasant European-style restaurants serving local food.
- Restaurant (ресторан) Can be upmarket, casual, Soviet or just a fancy cafe. Some specialise in one type of food (varenyky (stuffed dumplings) for instance).
- Cafe (кафе) Either more basic than a restaurant and with cheaper food, or a fancy, central-European coffeehouse such as in Lviv.
- Stolova (столова) A self-service canteen, often the best choice as you can see what you are getting. Prices per 100g.
- Kiosk You may find yourself at one of these enjoying anything from a hotdog to a waxed tray of pancakes.
- As in most countries of the former USSR, Ukraine has a bewildering array of hotel and room types. At the bottom are Soviet-era budget rooms for less than 200uah, at the top ‘six-star’ overpriced luxury in lavish surroundings. Everything in between can be very hit-and-miss and there are no national standards to follow, so forget any star ratings you might see.
Early Check-In/Late Check-Out
- Early check-in or late check-out is not included in our tours. If you wish to add early check-in to your booking, please contact our reservations department who can confirm additional pricing and make this arrangement for you, subject to availability at the hotel.
- Coaches: Coaches with air conditioning are used on our group tours for city sightseeing, short excursions to the countryside and longer transfers where necessary.
- Private vehicles: offers luxury and economy class vehicles with private drivers for short and long distance trips in Ukraine.
- Trains: Express trains between Kyiv and major cities have airplane-style seats, a cafe, functional air-con and pleasant staff.
- There are some superb souvenirs on sale in Ukraine, from woolly Hutsul carpets to Soviet-era junk, traditional Carpathian ceramics to 1980s vinyl. Decorated eggs, embroidery and alcohol weigh down many a suitcase at Boryspil Airport. Ukraine’s bustling markets are a great experience, even if you don’t want to buy anything. For ordinary daily items, Ukraine now has many very well-stocked supermarkets.
Packing List and Climate
Seasonal weather patterns can be quite unpredictable. Please refer below section for packing :
- May: Ukraine is most definitely a shoulder-season destination and May is the first of those shoulders. Colour returns to the snow-bleached land, the last river ice fades and the first seedlings nudge through Ukraine’s black soil.
- June: Comfortable temperatures continue across the steppe but things begin to heat up on the coast. Along with September, this is one of the most pleasant months to travel, before the worst of the heat arrives.
- July: Comparatively hot temperature, give the big cities a wide berth at this time of year and head for the cooler.
- August: Crowded, Odesa is the place to avoid during August. Colossal sunflower fields are a gobsmacking sight across Ukraine’s agricultural heartlands this month, and by the end the harvest is in full swing.
- September: Temperatures mellow out, people return to the cities and everyday life resumes.
- October: The comfortable temperatures give way to chilly days, falling leaves and the first frosts. Ukrainians head out to their country cottages and gardens to wind up the season and lock up for the long winter.
- All travellers are limited to two items of luggage each; a suitcase with a maximum weight of 15kg and one piece of hand luggage with a maximum weight of 7kgs. It is essential that your luggage is lockable. Please note that Ukrainian authorities will only allow bottles onto the aircraft if they have been checked in as main baggage. Bottles in hand luggage may be confiscated.